   Re: [xml-dev] DESIGN PROPOSAL: Java XMLIterator

James Clark wrote: (regarding pullax)

> I'll be happy to answer any questions
> people may have about the design and I'll try to get the API doc into
> shape as soon as possible.

Hi James, as always your comments are very illuminating.

First question: Are you prepared to put pullax into the public domain?  If
so it may be a good starting point for the pull-API that John is suggesting.

Second, I followed your invitation to look at the JavaDoc on your web site
[1].  I haven't had a chance to look at it in detail, but one of the first
things I noticed was the XmlInputSource class [2].  I don't understand what
this class is supposed to achieve as it doesn't have any methods.  I see it
has three sub-classes, each one offering a subset of a SAX InputSource - but
without a common interface how can a parser use a XmlInputSource?  Unless
I'm mistaken it will have to cast it into one of the known sub-classes,
which isn't very attractive.  Also, why is it a class rather than an
interface?

Regards
~Rob

--