   Re: [xml-dev] XML-1.1 -- just ignore it

> > Layer that stuff!
>
> Actually, this is the best place to introduce it otherwise the differences
> will show up in higher layers.... and complicate general processing in ways
> very similar to whitespace...

Now you're omitting the requirements I described:  namely,
providing a good specification.  That's specifically to rule
out the "complication" caused by inadequate specification.

Layering does not intrinsically complicate things, but poor
specification does.

Whitespace is confused by the fact that even at W3C
there are multiple domain-specific definitions.  It's that
very domain-specific nature that forced it to be an optional
layer in the first place.

- Dave