   Re: [xml-dev] Some comments on the 1.1 draft

On Tuesday 18 December 2001 08:36 pm, Michael Rys wrote:
> Well, that may have been the original XML 1.0 use, but looking at where
> XML is currently having the most traction (SOAP, Messaging, WebDav,
> database serialization etc), this has changed.

XML was shoehorned into many situations where it was less than ideal, and
people are finding problems with it in those domains. It's hardly surprising,
and certainly not unexpected.

Maybe it's time for someone to invent something else for those situations...
I'd rather that than polluting already soiled waters.