   Re: [xml-dev] Suggestion for an alternative XML 1.1

In article <E16GeGR-0004mt-00@mercury.ccil.org> you write:
>That was my original position: map NEL away, but don't change the
>definition of the S (whitespace) production.  Richard Tobin convinced
>me that that position was inconsistent: embarrassingly, I can't
>remember quite why.

The situation is the same as for CR.

If you map NEL to LF on input, it can only appear (in parsed data) as
a result of character references in internal paramater entities.  Adding
it to S will make these parse consistently with normal input.

-- Richard