   Re: [xml-dev] Some comments on the 1.1 draft

Jonathan Borden wrote:

> Eric van der Vlist wrote:

>>The problem seems to be that this TEXT doesn't enter into the definition
>>of text made in XML 1.0, but it should be possible to represent it
>>differently using what we have at hand.
>>

> Isn't that what character references are for? You already need to escape
> characters such as single and/or double quotes, < & etc, so adding a
> few numbers to a case statement doesn't seem to be a huge deal.

Not really. The character references are equivalent to the characters
which they replace and thus it seems difficult to use them to replace
characters which are forbidden...

Eric

--
Rendez-vous a Paris pour les Electronic Business Days 2002.
                                   http://www.edifrance.org/ebd/index.htm