From: Bart.Boogaerts@ASQ.BE [mailto:Bart.Boogaerts@ASQ.BE]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 10:14 AM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: [xml-dev] embedded html

hey,

on one of my projects, i'm working with Jdom (old version jan. 2000) to parse xml (when validating)
If i want to use html tags between xml tags, the tags are replaced by "&lt;" or "&gt;"...

example:

<BODYTEXT>this is just text with a link<a href="link.html">text for link</a>text goes on</BODYTEXT>

the text between the bodytext is just text, coming right out of the database. When getting the text from the database, everything is just fine but when adding this text to the document (while constructing the doc) and parsing it we get the "<" signs replaced by "&lt;" etc.

How do i avoid the replacing of these tags without having to extract the link data of the text and putting it between xml tags?

regards,bart