   Re: [xml-dev] Why would MS want to make XML break on UNIX, Perl, Python,

Dare Obasanjo asked:

> 1.) Exactly how common is piping XML (not ASCII) used in UNIX applications? I
> have never seen a UNIX app that does this.

I do this all the time actually.

The most common use case for me is to use 'rxp' to expand
entity references, piping the output to 'grep' or some other
non-XML tool.

But like I said in my last message, the presence of control
characters in the input (were they allowed in XML) wouldn't
break this usage.

--Joe English

  jenglish@flightlab.com