   RE: [xml-dev] No to RELAX-NG (for now)

On Thursday, January 03, 2002 12:49 PM, Mark Evans wrote:

> Now we see schemas finally making their escape.  That is a
> good thing.  I dislike the idea of replacing them with
> something else.

Even if the "something else" is easier to learn and use?
I imagine some people thought the same thing about replacing
DTDs with XML Schema.

> Because schemas have been so long coming, everyone I meet is
> using DTDs. This kind of backwardness is caused by
> uncertain, zig-zag standards development.

Given the significant investments in DTD development, moving
to XSD may not be a viable (or necessary) option.

> I grant that RELAX NG may be better.  Frankly, I've never heard of it
> until now.  I looked at the web sites.  Ho hum is my impression --
> more XML tweaking when what the world needs is a stable XML standard.

I suggest you go back and re-read the RNG spec - its an amazing bit of
work.