   RE: [xml-dev] No to RELAX-NG (for now)

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:

> And when necessary, I'll buy that, Murali!
>
> Necessity:  real but often a local requirement.  The
> dilemma of standards is that they aren't supposed to
> be global solutions to local problems.

I believe that the equilibrium point for the current set of schema
languages, which are grammar-based, is RELAX-NG, or a regular tree grammar
based proposal.

Also I think only time can say whether the above conjecture is right or
not.

Also, I think I might say that the developers of RELAX-NG before they came
up with RELAX-NG, have studied XML Schema proposals quite well, as well as
the requirements. The reason I say this is I am not sure if they are
actually local problems.. Anyways, personally I will always be interested
in a third party's point of view most importantly.. (and also the point of
views of XML Schemas' developers).

cheers and regards - murali.