   UNSubscribe broken???

Sorry to post to all, but I don't see an admin email address anywhere.

I removed myself from the xml-dev group in early Dec. with no problem.  As
of Jan 2, 2002 I was added back.  On Jan 3, 2002 I went to the URL listed
at the end of all xml-dev email and removed myself again.  This seemed to
work for the rest of the day yesterday, but I find myself back on the list
again this morning.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

~Brian Vickery

                    Jonathan Robie
                    <jonathan.robie@softw       To:     "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "Julian Reschke"
                    areag.com>                   <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "Evan Lenz" <elenz@xyzfind.com>, "David
                                                 Carlisle" <davidc@nag.co.uk>
                    01/04/2002 08:31 AM         cc:     <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
                                                Subject:     RE: [xml-dev] The use of XML syntax in XML Query

At 05:08 PM 1/4/2002 +0100, Julian Reschke wrote:
>Wouldn't it be much much better just to (be able to) say that they indeed
>behave identically?

That would have been sufficient, except that many questions occur in XQuery

that did not occur in XML namespaces as part of an XML document.

XQuery needs to be able to declare namespace prefixes globally, and the
interactions between these global interactions and the xmlns attributes in
element constructors had to be defined. Can two global namespace
declarations declare the same prefix? Can an xmlns attribute redefine a
prefix previously assigned? Also, namespace prefixes can be used in
expressions that occur within curly braces in an element - can namespace
prefixes defined with namespace attributes in element constructors be used
in these expressions? These kinds of questions had to be answered, which is

why the given section of the XQuery document exists.

Jonathan