   Re: [xml-dev] XSLT and XQuery

Mike:

Why not punt on strong typing for now and create XQuery that supports
INSERT, SELECT, UPDATE and DELETE along with FOR, LET.  Come back with
typing and layer that over XQuery when all the technical challenges are
sorted out.  That would be XQuery for XML without the Schemas.  There
were enough Query Language stuff floating along before XSD.  We can let
the application deal with the typing for now, can't we?

If we are worried about real world implementations and making the
developer's life easier, we should proceed carefully.  Otherwise, we
will create so much confusion out there that market adoption will not
happen till the dust settles.

I am of the opinion, if something takes time to bake, it will take time
to bake no matter what.  Standards are always compromises between
commercial, technical and elegance interests anyway.

Regarding XQuery in XML syntax or not, I have not studied this well
enough to say anything.

Soumitra