   Re: [xml-dev] JAXP's ID Transform failing to include namespacedeclaratio

> > Permit me to disagree that's the "only" sane approach.
> >
> > Counter-example:  SAX pipeline components can monitor namespace
> > usage and declarations, patching in new prefix declarations as needed.
>
> That approach definitely works for SAX - where there's no "sane" way to
> create a visitor class anyway -

Depends what you define the role of a "visitor" to be.  If you define
it to require some kind of explicit data model for _all_ the document
data, that's true; it'd be the antithesis of SAX.  On the other hand, I
think of SAX callbacks as the interface a visitor must implement.

>    but it's liable to produce an enormous
> number of namespace declarations if the originals have been stripped.
> (Hardly an unusual circumstance.)

Anyone deleting declarations deserves what they get ... :)

- Dave