   RE: [xml-dev] XSLT and XQuery

> > As yet unspecified? As a member of the XSL WG, surely you
> have read the
> > specification for the type system:
> >
> > http://web3.w3.org/TR/query-algebra/
> >
> > You are also familiar with the issues, especially
> structural vs. named
> > typing. Are you saying that the type system is not specified
> > until we close
> > all the issues?

I think it's worth pointing out that (as far as I understand it) the
thinking on the formal specification has moved on quite a bit since that
document was published, but there isn't yet any replacement document that
describes of the current thinking. In that sense, I think it's actually true
that the type system today is not specified: it exists only in people's
heads and in documents that are unfinished and unpublished.

I would also say that yes, nothing is specified until the fat lady (or
TimBL) sings.

Mike Kay