   Re: [xml-dev] A thought on XLink in PIs for processing directives

Michael Brennan wrote
> ... it seems
> to me that one could designate a generalized PI that mimics XLink simple
> links that could achieve the desired result.
> <snip/>
> The PI <?xml-stylesheet type="text/css" href="style.css"?> could become:
>   <?xml-link
> role="http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/media-types/text/css";
>           href="style.css"?>

One problem with this idea is that PIs often have multiple pseudo
parameters.  For example xml-stylesheet has the following pseudo attributes
defined:

href CDATA #REQUIRED
type CDATA #REQUIRED
title CDATA #IMPLIED
media CDATA #IMPLIED
charset CDATA #IMPLIED
alternate (yes|no) "no"

...but you would only want one role for each PI.

Regards
~Rob

--
Rob Lugt