   XML Limerick working draft published

In article <E16OGJd-0005Ji-00@mercury.ccil.org> John Cowan wrote:
>Certainly crisp, if a tad unclear.

Sigh, that's what you get for not going through the process.  Ok, let's
do it properly:

The XML Limerick Working Group has released the first draft of XML
Limerick 1.0.

 Abstract

 This document defines a canonical XML Limerick.

 Status of this document

 This document is the first Working Draft version of the XML Limerick
 and has been produced by the W3C XML Limerick Working Group as part
 of the W3C XML Activity.

 We explicitly invite comments on this document. Please send them to
 xml-dev@lists.xml.org.

 A list of current W3C Recommendations and other technical documents
 can be found at http://www.theonion.com. W3C publications may be
 updated, replaced, or obsoleted by other documents at any time. In
 particular it is inappropriate to use W3C Working Drafts as reference
 material or to cite them as other than work in progress.

 1. Line One

 There was a young fellow from Ouagadougoo
   Issue: Is a byte-order mark required at the start of the limerick?
   Issue: Need feedback from Accessibility WG on whether it is acceptable
          to restrict limerick to certain age groups and genders.
   Issue: What are the scansion requirements?  In fact, where is
          the requirements document at all?
   Issue: Obviously we need an XML syntax; the WG solicits
          input on this subject.
   Issue[RMT]: Should we be concerned with the surface syntax?
          Surely we should be defining the infoset of the limerick.

 2. Line two

 Who [there is no consensus in the WG as to what the rest of this
      line should contain]

 3. Line three

 He used DOM and SAX,
   Issue[ricko]: I am very disappointed with this.
          It shows a complete disregard for Unicode 6.3.  It is also
          ultra vires and fattening.

 4. Line four

 And even RELAX,
   Issue: What is the normative reference for RELAX?  Shouldn't it
          be RELAX NG anyway?
   Issue: Which schema languages are adequate to constrain a limerick
          to legal form?

 5. Line five

 [This section will describe the surprising results of of using XML
  Schemas in the bath.]

 6. Normative references

 7. Informative references

-- Richard