   Re: [xml-dev] Interesting XML-DIST-APP thread

On Wednesday 09 January 2002 04:58 pm, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> So perhaps the question is, when should one RPC/SOAP
> vs replication?  It brings up the topic of how one
> should architect for web services not at the level
> of SOAP, but the actual decomposition of services.

This is very, very true. Again, a bank I visited used Notes with replication
because in their environment (admittedly poor) replication was more reliable,
and loaded the network less, than a centralized network service.

I've been telling people for years that they should look before they leap.
Many of the more costly projects I've seen have resulted from poor planning,
poor analysis, or inappropriate use.