   Re: [xml-dev] Web Services Best Practice (was: Interesting XML-DIST-APP

> 2. Conversely, use course-grained RPC.  That is, use Web services that
> "do a lot of work, and return a lot of information".

Excellent idea.

Also, try generalizing these coarse grained operations as much as
possible so that optimizations can be amortized over a wider variety
of applications.

For example, define an operation to mean "retrieve me a representation
of the state of this object", and another to say "set the state of
this object to the value represented in this representation".

Or just use HTTP GET and PUT.

(yes, I'm being facetious 8-)

MB