   Re: [xml-dev] Interesting XML-DIST-APP thread

Michael Brennan wrote:

> I think a good deal depends upon the scale of the project, but larger
> projects benefit from a hybrid model (and it is a hybrid model that I saw
> promoted in OO methodology books before "Extreme Programming" was the
> buzzword of the day, and I still believe in these OO methodologies).

This is getting even further off-topic, but Rick Jelliffe sent me this pointer
the other day. It reflects the way that he manages the developers of Topologi
products and if you accept the basic premise, it casts quite a different light
on the use and importance of methodologies. Even if you don't accept it, at the
very least it illustrates the difficulty and imprecision of picking a
development strategy for a project. See
http://members.aol.com/humansandt/papers/nonlinear/nonlinear.htm

--
Regards,