   RE: [xml-dev] How To Modify the Contents Of XML Document Dynamically?

Hi,

You need to learn how to use the DOM to manipulate your XML file.
<Description/> is fine in your original XML file.

Use getElementsByTagName("NOTE") to get all of your <NOTE> elements

Then use something like:

'<input type=text
name=description>'+root.childNodes(x).childNodes(3).text+'</input>'

Where 'x' is a variable to iterate through you <NOTE> elements, outputting
an editable box for each description element.

The put whatever the user types back into the element:

root.childNodes(x).childNodes(3).text=yourForm.description.value;

finally, save the new XML back to a file:

 yourXmlDoc.save('yourfile.xml')

For this to be allowed, you need to rename the .htm that instigates the
transform to .hta

This will allow the necessary permissions.

I know I have been overly brief, bu if you get stuck I can give you some
more help.

cheers

andrew

===