   Re: [xml-dev] [ANN] XML Limerick Competition

> Title: As Poets, We All Write Great Code
>
> It's not that the senders don't plan
> To make the best limerick they can --
> Full of gossip and rumor,
> With a great sense of humor,
> But practically none of them scan!

Minor irony is a beautiful thing, I must say.

The odd thing about this hailstorm of limericks is that the scansion of most most would have been quite easy to fix, including that of your own.  A little poetic licence ("lim'rick", "rumor,/a great") is the key to well-formed doggerel, but it seems that among developers grammatical and technical correctness is more important than prosodic correctness.

I wonder if there is a grad school lit thesis in there somewhere.

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management