   RE: [xml-dev] XML=WAP? And DOA?

I have noticed that the .NET development platform with it's
around_xml_nature, strucks information architects/developers (with 100
my experience in the IT field) with merciless cruelty. Microsoft (and
most proprietary) developers expect that the platform will utilize XML
recs in a transparent/visual way (and it does in some points) but they
just freeze hopelessly when their IDE does not recognize the
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema namespace URI... IMHO the main reason
for this is that M$ does not underline the need of some XML background,
something  that just ends up in semi-standards-compliant work in the end
(both from M$ and the developers that work with it).
The irony of course is that every proprietary developer knows how to
handle custom extensions that work for his/her platform, but not the
actual standard.

Manos