   RE: [xml-dev] An Architecture for Limericks (was Limericks, Stupidity, a

Title: RE: [xml-dev] An Architecture for Limericks (was Limericks, Stupidity, and Reality)

Actually, extra processing to test rhyming, syllabification and so forth are redundant because limericks are not actually required to rhyme, and even the short and long apply a constraint that is not required by the genre. An example I remember from a book of limericks I had as a child:

There once was a man from Japan,
Who wrote rhyme that just wouldn't scan,
When they said, "But the thing
"Doesn't go with a swing",
He replied "Yes, I know, but I always like to try to get as many words into the last line as I possibly can."

There was one in there that didn't rhyme also, but I can't remeber it off the top o my head, and it shouldn't be too hard to make one up.

John

John Anderson
CTO Barbadosoft
The XML Management Company