   RE: SV: [xml-dev] XML=WAP? And DOA?

Mike Champion wrote :

>>2. XML in itself is no more advanced than CSV.
>
>I still disagree on that; hierarchical self-describing markup
>IS a definite advance over CSV.

CSV is self-describing, provided that you follow the convention that uses
the first line to name the rows. I think self-description is interesting
provided that the document structure remains simple. If the document
structure is big, e.g. DocBook, self-description of XML markup helps reading
the document with human eyes, but that's all. A schema is required to
implement data-processing algorithms.

Regards,
Nicolas
http://nicolas.lehuen.com/