   RE: [xml-dev] Xml is _not_ self describing

Yes.  Suddenly they have to know what a DOCTYPE is,
and worse, they may have to build one.  Full-up
markup implementations lead to a division of labor
in most medium size shops.

On the other hand, I live in a world where the
tech writers are clinging to WinHelp like a
life preserver in the North Atlantic.  The
fact that everyone around them is dead or
freezing escapes them as long as they can
still kick against the waves.  Organizational
learning curves are always multi-variant and
messy looking.  We can average but it tells
us not much.

Eventually, someone has to sit down and design.
That is why the best practices docs Costello
compiles and to which we contribute have a
value beyond the XML-Dev archives as long
as we continue to update them.  We are the
freakin' pioneers.

len