   RE: [xml-dev] RDDL (was RE: [xml-dev] Negotiate Out The Noise)

OK. Following RFC 2396, namespaces are resources because they have an URI.
But resources aren't namespace. Hence, RDDL should be named NDL.

>>If
>> RDDL was NDL (Namespace Description Language), there would
>be no problem.
>> You would describe namespaces and link to resources to those
>namespaces.
>But
>> as I wrote earlier, I don't think that RDDL is appropriate to handle
>> resources that contain mixed namespaces.
>>

>What do you mean by "appropriate"? If somewhat writes a
>software program in
>Java that processes mixed namespaces, would that be
>"appropriate"? Either it
>can or cannot be done. Henry has shown that it can be done. Simple.
>"Appropriate"ness has no bearing. What is the real issue?

When you write about Henry [Thompson], do you refer to this :
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xmlschema-dev/2001Jun/0048.html ?

How is this related to mixing different namespaces in the same document ?

All I understand is that instead of directly providing the schema URL for
validation, you can provide a RDDL URL (e.g. the namespace URL for which you
expect a schema), and then XSV fetches the RDDL document and from there a
XML Schema document according to the following rule :

"The first <rddl:resource> whose
xlink:role="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; will be used.  Support for
RDDL at the end of the 'schemaLocation' attribute of <xs:include> and
<xs:import> will follow shortly."

The status page : http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/xsv-status.html only mentions
"Support RDDL at e.g. namespace URIs ". So how do you relate this to mixed
namespaces in the same document ?