   RE: [xml-dev] RDDL (was RE: [xml-dev] Negotiate Out The Noise)

Umm... PDF and Flash aren't painting to the
same device contexts are they, say one in which
a 2D circle is drawn alongside a 3D spinning
sphere?  I get in over my head at this point,
but as I recall, the MS experience with Chrome
was less than efficient, in fact, a dog.

So, we can level the playing field but not
the players.  In some sense, a composite
document is like an all-stars game in which
the problems of behavioral fidelity and
performance can only be met by the very
best players, and then only in a given
location on a given day.  It is
rough enough to get all the components
to work realiably, the composite forces the author
to also consider if his audience has all
these players, is willing to download
what he doesn't have, or says, Pass.

So it becomes very quickly, caveat vendor.

len