   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Flexible Schemas (was RE: [xml-dev] The task to be sol

I believe the thrust of Nicolas' question is where to find the RDDL document
for an XML file that utilizes names from multiple namespaces. No one has
proposed a *concrete* answer to that question yet although the designers of
RDDL may consider this to be beyond the design goals of RDDL which is
reasonable.

For instance the following is the first element in an annotated XSD mapping
schema for creating XML views of relational data in SQL server 2000

<xsd:schema xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
            xmlns:dt="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:datatypes"
            xmlns:sql="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:mapping-schema">

The question is where will one locate the metadata/resources/etc for
documents of this type? Or should we be satisfied with a.) everyone MUST use
HTTP URLs for their namespace URIs and b.) everyone must have RDDL information
at these URIs?

What if the developer of this new document type wants to create RDDL
information for this type of document? Do we introduce some new construct, For
instance perhaps a
xml:rsrcnamespace="http://www.example.com/xmlschema/msft-datatypes/msft-mappin
g-schema" to solve this problem?

So back to Nicolas's question, looking at the source of the document at
http://www.rddl.org I see the following namespace declarations

  xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
  xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink";
  xmlns:rddl="http://www.rddl.org/";

So what is the algorithm to obtain all (or some) of the metadata related to
the above namespace declarations used in the document at http://www.rddl.org ?
Such as obtaining the W3C XML schema for validating this document or obtain
all the normative references that apply to the document.

--
THINGS TO DO IF I BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD #229
If I have several diabolical schemes to destroy the hero, I will set