   Re: [xml-dev] Generality of HTTP

Mark Baker scripsit:

> It isn't.  The picture is one *representation* of the bricks.
>
> The URI identifies the resource (some bricks), and a GET returns a
> representation (an image) of those bricks.

Yes, this is right as far as it goes, but your URL only handles a
tiny subset of all the bricks there are.   Whereas with my
x-brick: URI scheme, I can address any brick whatsoever, or at
least any brick that's actually doing work, as opposed to being
in a brick pile someplace.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan@ccil.org
Please leave your values        |       Check your assumptions.  In fact,