   RE: [xml-dev] Internet-Draft: Media Feature - xmlns

On Wed, 2002-01-23 at 09:51, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> Is this thread drifting toward a discussion of how
> XML infrastructure should evolve to enable component
> support below the level of the plugin?  IOW, if what
> is needed is processors, in effect, MS behaviors
> attached through CSS stylesheets work reasonably
> well.  My opinion at this time is that using
> namespaces to infer or direct behaviors is overkill
> and more complicated than is needed.

If it drifts that direction, please change the subject header.

This Internet-Draft is focused only on providing information about which
namespaces are contained in a document, not on recommending dispatch
mechanisms for processing namespaces or even arguing that they are a
good thing.  The xmlns Media Feature can do useful content-negotiation
work with or without any such dispatching mechanism.

Mark Baker has noted that he's working on a draft which addresses some
of those issues, and I wish him luck in that much more complicated
endeavor.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!