   RE: [xml-dev] Generality of HTTP

> From: Al Snell [mailto:alaric@alaric-snell.com]
> But to go back to your real question, I don't think we'll see performance
> bottlenecks because of HTTP over TCP. Instead, I think we'll see
> functionality bottlenecks instead because people only do coarse grained
> stuff without real-time responses...
>
> ABS

In the abstract, I like the notion that a better real-time response allows
finer grained transactions.  I can see how moving to UDP helps in the
expected case, and maybe optimizing the expected case is sufficient for
most.  However if true real-time behavior is required, don't you need a
connection oriented protocol to ensure QoS?

David