   Re: [xml-dev] Finally, what if namespaces == document types ?

On Wed, 2002-01-23 at 17:29, Paul Prescod wrote:
> Here's my model for thinking about namespaces. You figure out the
> "controlling" namespace. Usually this is the one on the root element but
> not always. You hand the document to a processor that knows how to
> handle that data. It does some arbitrary rewriting of the data that
> conforms to another namespace. THEN, it OPTIONALLY hands the rewritten
> data to a processor that knows only about the inner namespace...and so
> forth recursively.

And if the controlling namespace is no namespace at all?

My rules files for namespace and regular fragmentation processing are
very content to live inside any root element.  They don't particularly
care about control.

Rewriting the data sounds like you're trying to force square pegs into
elliptical holes.  Maybe that's appropriate sometimes, but I can't see
it as a general case.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!