   Re: [xml-dev] Compound processing

On Wed, 2002-01-23 at 17:37, Paul Prescod wrote:
> I think you misunderstood my question. Why would it be difficult to
> "invent"
>
> application/x-xhtml_with_svg+xml
>
> You said you were trying to make life easier so that people don't have
> to invent new MIME types. But inventing MIME types is easy.

Inventing MIME types like that is NOT easy if you have any interest
whatsoever in registering them with the IETF.

I believe (though I'm not certain any longer) that the x- space has been
deprecated but in any case its use has never been warmly recommended.

x-xhtml_with_svg is even wilder a hack than the +xml at the end - I have
to admit I'm impressed by that.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!