   RE: [xml-dev] A conceptual excursion (was: RDDL; what a namespace is; w

> For example, I most likely would enjoy your documents, but couldn't
> care less about your domain of expertise (unless I was a printer). As
> such, I expect you to produce things that I can process in *my*
> domain, and we have an implicit agreement on how I am to
> interpret the
> documents you produce. If we *don't* have an agreement, you either
> need some way of hard-coding the interpretation, or we shouldn't even
> talk.

I see two ways of resolving this:

1) Look at the defined properties (and behaviors, perhaps) of my entities
- we should probably have a definitional space for name of entities that
describes intent and purpose (things that are hard to interpret from
properties and methods alone).

2) Have a translation mechanism that converts entities that I understand to
those that you understand. For well-defined domains, such translations can
be categorically described.