-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Lindsey [mailto:bill@b-bop.com]

The internal subset can override parameter entities
and attribute declarations in the DTD.

So if I want to answer a question such as "are these
two documents of the same type?"  I'm not going
to get a very reliable answer from just the
DOCTYPE's public or system identifiers.  I'd also
need to compare canonicalizations of the internal
subsets.