-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Fitzgerald [mailto:mike@wyeast.net]

I do not speak for the RELAX NG TC, but I believe the consensus was that we
did not want to create yet another form for associating schema nor to rework
existing forms.

Nothing however in RELAX NG prohibits a developer from using elements or
attributes from a foreign namespace that could do the job as well as any.
For example, nothing in RELAX NG would prohibit xsi:schemaLocation.

I don't believe there is any intent to enter the "reinvent zone"; RELAX NG
will no doubt remain a simple validation layer of processing that depends on
an application or some other generalized form to stipulate how schema and
documents are associated.

If other members of the RELAX NG TC disagree, I hope they speak up.