-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Bohlman [mailto:ebohlman@earthlink.net]

I think the point is that "The Web" is an emergent phenomenon of all those varyingly hooked-up
pieces, just as Len Bullard is an emergent phenomenon of a bunch of ever-changing cells, and that
treating it as if it were a physical object would be committing the fallacy of reification.  A
person, a river, or a Web are in many ways best thought of as processes rather than things.