Lists Home |
Date Index |
I decided to post an early release of the GPSml XMLSchema for GPS (Global
Position System) information to allow some feedback.
GPSml V0.5 is now available at http://www.chaeron.com/gps
The design goals for GPSml are:
- Be an XML format for all GPS-generated data, both real-time position related
data and collections (such as waypoints, tracks, routes)
- Be easy to generate in software, even apps without XML understanding.
- Be easy for modern XML parsers to parse and feed in to applications.
- Let a single file contain real-time position information and arbitrary collections
(such as waypoints, tracks, routes)
- Scale gracefully to handle both simple and complex requirements
- Be flexible and extensible since the GPS arena is evolving rapidly
- Follow current XMLSchema best practices (where known)
The distribution contains a detailed readme file, XMLSpy generated
documentation and the full GPSml schema. It also contains sample instance
documents that were generated by the open-source Chaeron Java-based
GPS Access Library demo program (also at http://www.chaeron.com/gps )
Keep in mind that this is a very early draft and so is a bit rough around the
edges and not complete yet.
Any/all feedback is much appreciated......I'ld like to know if I am going down
the right path with the design....
Andrzej Jan Taramina
Chaeron Corporation: Enterprise System Solutions