   GPSml first public version posted.

Hi all:

I decided to post an early release of the GPSml XMLSchema for GPS (Global
Position System) information to allow some feedback.

GPSml V0.5 is now available at http://www.chaeron.com/gps

The design goals for GPSml are:

- Be an XML format for all GPS-generated data, both real-time position related
data and collections (such as waypoints, tracks, routes)

- Be easy to generate in software, even apps without XML understanding.

- Be easy for modern XML parsers to parse and feed in to applications.

- Let a single file contain real-time position information and arbitrary collections
(such as waypoints, tracks, routes)

- Scale gracefully to handle both simple and complex requirements

- Be flexible and extensible since the GPS arena is evolving rapidly

- Follow current XMLSchema best practices (where known)

The distribution contains a detailed readme file, XMLSpy generated
documentation and the full GPSml schema. It also contains sample instance
documents that were generated by the open-source Chaeron Java-based
GPS Access Library demo program (also at http://www.chaeron.com/gps )

Keep in mind that this is a very early draft and so is a bit rough around the
edges and not complete yet.

Any/all feedback is much appreciated......I'ld like to know if I am going down
the right path with the design....

Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com