   Re: [xml-dev] Auto-completion in editors (RE: [xml-dev] ANN: XML Origin

 From: "Nicolas LEHUEN" <nicolas.lehuen@ubicco.com>

> If I don't want to close a tag, then I don't type '</', that's all. If I
> want to close a specific tag, not the last opened one, then when I type '</'
> and the editor completes it to an unwanted tag, I can edit it manually (.

> This was just a user's request.

Another problem with editors that automatically add end-tags when start-tags
are created is, of course, that one has to jump over the end-tag when one is
finished inside that element. So automatically adding end-tags keep a
document more WF, but it does not necessarily save key strokes
over Nicholas' suggested approach.

For example, if the ESC key was mapped to close the currently open tag,
that would be pretty efficient for typing.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe