   RE: [xml-dev] XMLSchema validation during an Update

  • To: "Brian Vickery" <macacos@linkline.com>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XMLSchema validation during an Update
  • From: "Manos Batsis" <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 16:19:08 +0200
  • Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

Nice one. Well, truth is people have a very 'static' view of XML.
But the more I work with the markup, the more I understand that
"documents" do not have as much meaning as they used to.
Oh well.

The easy answer is that validation has no place during any operation on
the document. It is supposed to happen when you
load/receive/send/whatever your markup, not while you are modifying it.

The other answer is that if you want constant validation (a hypothetical
impossible nightmare) you should validate types, not documents.

Kindest regards,

Manos