   Re: [xml-dev] XMLSchema validation during an Update

Mike,

Michael Kay wrote:

> I think the assumption is wrong. You can validate any element against a type
> defined in a schema. This will typically process the descendants of the
> element, but it need not process the entire document.

This the case assuming that you maintain global data structures such as
the ID/IDRefs tables.

And assuming, of course, that your vocabulary can be described by a W3C
XML Schema which is another debate...

BTW, I think we should find a new term to express the fact that a
vocabulary can or cannot be expressed by a W3C XML Schema.

Eric