   Re: [xml-dev] QNames in attribute values

Michael Brennan wrote:
> The issue of relying upon some top-level declarations for namespaces vs. the
> current model has been rehashed many times, though, and there have been use
> cases brought up to defend the current model. If we are stuck with this
> model, then I think it should be used consistently rather than mixing and
> matching mechanisms for namespace declarations (although specific
> applications may have a need to require some top-level declarations).

Agreed.

I also think it should also be a requirement for some future DOM level
that the DOM implementation handles prefixes and declarations for you.
It seems silly to force all applications to implement the same code to
handle this. (It doesn't appear to be an issue for SAX, as the
stack-based processing model is a natural fit for attribute-based
namespace declarations.)

-- Ron