   Prefixes / URIs consistency (was: There is a meaning, but it's not in t

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Prefixes / URIs consistency (was: There is a meaning, but it's not in the data alone)
  • From: "Manos Batsis" <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:56:22 +0200

XML processing happens is mostly performed by DOM, SAX and XSLT.

XSLT processes namespaces after expanding them, so I anticipate this as
a DOM issue. Indeed after checking [1] one can read the following:

"In particular, since the mapping between prefixes and namespace URIs is
not enforced, in general, the resulting document cannot be serialized
naively. For example, applications may have to declare every namespace
in use when serializing a document."

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-DOM-Level-2-Core-20001113/core.html#Namesp
aces-Considerations

I was wondering how efficient SAX usage is in keeping consistency
between prefixes (meaning in practice) and their associated URIs,
unfortunately I have spend little time using it.

Manos