   Re: [xml-dev] Co-operating with Architectural Forms

On Wednesday 30 January 2002 06:41 pm, Ralph Ferris wrote:
> As a historical footnote, there's another twist to the story. The
> engineer who added the HTTP client to the HaL OLIAS browser was Dan
> Connolly. Dan left HaL and joined the W3C, where he became Jon
> Bosak's point of contact for initiating the XML effort and the W3C
> XML Activity lead.

More twists too... Jon used EBT products at Novell. I remember one EBT
user group meeting where we demonstrated DynaWeb, and RAM DynaText,
and everyone went "server, client... client, server.... the next step
is obvious". It was, but the results never appeared for various
different reasons.

As I said though.... it's easy to say "man, if only...".