   RE: [xml-dev] life support for DTDs? was RE: [xml-dev] misprocessing nam

So you have two points:

1.  Either MSXML is a non-conforming processor or XHTMLnoveau is not a
conforming DTD.

That's a heckuva a lack of commitment on someone's part.

2.  James needs something new to implement.

A bored mind is a terrible thing to waste.  Otherwise, "we" eagerly
await what his new ISO group produces.  He always produces something
useful.  Should "we" be more influenced by him than that?  Ok.
As Steve said, he wrote the book on arch forms so if he wants to
deprecate them now, let him make his case here. Otherwise,
we are exploring alternatives proposed by other members of
the community, and Jonathan, worship as you like, James is
just one more voice.

The plain fact is that developers here are still using DTDs.  I'm
not saying they have to do that, just that they are and because
of the namespace design, we have a more or less permanent
incompatibility.  If we force feed that by making namespaces
core, we have broken XML 1.0.  It's that simple.

I don't think DTDs are the issue here.  You tossed that in
to start an exhaustion thread.   The issue is namespaces,
alternatives to them, and whether or not it is practical
or desirable to have means to associate behaviors or semantic
descriptions of behaviors to XML instances.  What is it that
a broader XML 2.0 should have in terms of a framework and
what options are eliminated or preserved in that design?

len