   Re: [xml-dev] Co-operating with Architectural Forms

On Thursday 31 January 2002 07:05 pm, Paul Prescod wrote:
> > Sounds kind of like groves...
>
> Grove nodes have one and only one node type. Even Steve hasn't been
> radical enough to suggest that any grove property should suffice as
> the node type.

My assertion is that 'type' is determined by the thing looking at the
data, not something intrinsic to  the data itself.

> The GI is the name of the type.

If interpreted that way... anyway, the point is that the element
'has-a' GI that a processor can use in it's deduction of type.

I'm kind of comparing XML DOM (has-a) to HTML DOM (is-a).