   RE: [xml-dev] How to use XML and all its deratives as a tree data struc

For the form editing system, have a look at XForms [1]. Jim Wissner
developed an impressive framework based on XForms (but not compliant for the
moment, Jim explains why on his site), which is called JBrix and can be
found at [2].

For the rest I'm not sure to understand what you need.

Regards,
Nicolas

[1] http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/
[2] http://www.jbrix.org/kits/overview.html