Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "xml-dev" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Co-operating with Architectural Forms
- From: "Rick Jelliffe" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 21:58:25 +1100
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <3C59B86C.DC7C9084@prescod.net> <E16WPTh-0001zWfirstname.lastname@example.org>
From: "Gavin Thomas Nicol" <email@example.com>
> > The whole XML world is organized around the idea that the GI is the
> > *type name*.
> The name is not the same as the thing. I think the whole idea that gi
> == type to be one of the biggest peices of misinformation around.
I think the problem is not so much people thinking that Generic Identifier == type
but more that Generic Identifier = table name!