   Re: [xml-dev] Press Releases

2/1/2002 12:17:16 PM, "Mehul Shah" <xml@infinity-services.com> wrote:

>Do any of you know the process involved in submitting press
releases?

For XML-related news, you can submit it at
http://www.xml.org/xml/news_submit.jsp

[Plug: XML.org's portal site has become much more useful in recent
months; if you haven't checked that site out recently, it's
definitely worth a look]

Also, see the Contact Us page at XML.com
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/admin/commune.html

I don't know much about "real" press releases.  I was curious and
going to check out BusinessWire Connect
https://connect.businesswire.com/NASApp/businesswire/index.jsp
but they want me to "upgrade" my browser to something other than
Opera :~)

I suspect that to get anyone in the mainstream trade press to
actually pay attention to a press release involves either personal
networking or hiring a PR professional, but I don't really know ...