   Re: [xml-dev] Co-operating with Architectural Forms

Bill Lindsey wrote:

> >>   * Could this property be also be obtained for
> >>     elements?
>
> > Sure, why not?
>
> Either you misunderstood my question, or you might
> reconsider using "document type" to name this property.

Right; I usually call this (the principle representation form
of an element) an "element type" (but not in mixed company :-)

Having thought more about the second question, I now believe that
the only thing that's intrinsic to an XML document is
the stuff that's manifest in the parse tree: GIs, attributes,
and content.  Everything else -- the principal type, auxilliary
types, architectural forms, etc., -- are imposed by the observer.

--Joe English

  jenglish@flightlab.com