From: Lars Marius Garshol [mailto:larsga@garshol.priv.no]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 1:40 PM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Namespace terminology

* Evan Lenz

| I like the term used by the XPath 1.0 spec: "expanded-name" (or,
| depending on your naming convention of choice, "expanded_name",
| etc.)

Yes, that works. The definition fits very closely, it appears in an
official document, and the connection between the name and what it
signifies is pretty logical.

* Tim Bray

| Universal names?  Unames?

Not as logical as exanded name, but if it had been in official use I
think I would have accepted it. I prefer expanded name, though.

Thanks a lot, both of you!